Friday 21 May 2010

portfolio assignment... 60%

“The big secret in life is that there is no big secret.
Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.”
- Oprah Winfrey

To me, life is always changing. A friend of mine shared a quote: “The only constant thing in life is change.” So true! But, in order to truly change, old habits have to be replaced with new, healthy habits. Easier said then done but when there is a will, there is a way. Goal setting will help to achieve and concentrate on the change needed and to reach my goal more efficiently.

Shown on the timeline, I have broken up my goals into mini-goals. By doing so, I feel that my goals are more achievable and to track my progress more efficiently. I have been teaching for the past 20 years and now, I am looking forward to move towards a leadership role. I do not believe in being stagnant in my job. I crave for progress and satisfaction.

Once completing my Diploma in Early Childhood, I would like to make a change; from a teaching job scope to the setup department in XXXXXXXX. Just to share some details on what is done in a setup department; whenever there is a new center, there will be a team of members to help the franchisor to setup the childcare. For example: physical setup, administrative setup etc. I am planning to gain about a year experience in the setup department before getting myself posted out overseas. By allowing and planning an overseas opportunity for myself, I hope to learn new cultures and experiences for myself.

In the 2 years overseas, I plan to lead a team eventually. Managing people will be my new challenge in my job and career. Being a highly self-motivated person, I hope to use this critical management skill to motivate a group of people toward a common goal.

If everything goes as plan, after 2 years overseas, I would like to take up a Degree in Early Childhood, either back in Singapore or an overseas college. I believe that goal planning is only the first step to success. The rest of the journey is through perseverance and a positive attitude.


 ... thanks poon poon for helping... 
little ones big ones... love you lot lot okie!
... will not be expecting an A for this assignment
 as l started doing it 2 days before due date...
... alas got a C l must be thankful...

No comments: